After all, we only offer you what we use ourselves. In search of a really good pepper mill, we have now finally come across this mill. The cook in us loves the flavors the mill releases with pepper, salt and spices. The engineer in us loves the stainless steel and titanium materials and the rich, clean finish. ODIN writes about their ingenious mill themselves:
For several years now, ODIN has always been tempted by the task of bringing the optimal mill to market, a tool for the kitchen that just makes all the others look a little old. Together with Akantus, they then tackled this project:
- A mill for everything, for pepper, salt, coffee, sugar, chili, spice mixtures, for everything that a grinder can grasp - a true universal mill, a kind of mortar among mills.
- Absolutely stainless grinders made of surgical stainless steel, the "X-Metal" and solid titanium (this is not a coating!). In ULTIMATE Titanium, the axle guides and the grinder support are in red, in the "X-Metal" version in black.
- The concept of an open mill, this means in the kitchen is always filled what is directly needed and consumed and the mill then comes back empty ground on the shelf. So you always have really fresh spices in the food and can use the now great selection of fancy pepper varieties and other spices unproblematic and try.
- A storage jar made of genuine, hygienic glass that can be screwed on at the bottom for larger quantities of spice mixtures or for coffee; or just to avoid having to grind directly into the cooking pot. This always has the disadvantage that hot steam and grease cause contamination of the grinder and the mill. Grind fresh into the jar and then add the contents to the pot, you can also control the amount more accurately.
- An inserted transparent lid, which always allows you to see the remaining amount of grist. It protects against grinding material splashing out of the mill during grinding and, on the other hand, its shape also allows refilling without having to remove it.
- A stainless steel crank handle for powerful grinding with a removable walnut knob that is magnetically attached for wear-free, low-friction operation.
- A snap-in adjustment of the grinding degree positioned at the top between the lid and the crank, always within reach without having to have your fingers in the spices.
- A technically perfect in two stainless steel ball bearings almost frictionless shaft to drive the grinder. So really only the ground material offers resistance.
- A mill that can also be cleaned in the dishwasher due to its overall design and the materials used. However, they recommend simply grinding a small amount of rice to clean the grinder. The rice cleans the grinder optimally and also neutralizes odors.
So many technical details you have to feel, Odin herself is still quite fascinated and in her opinion has achieved their goal. Nomen est omen!
The Ultimate mills come with a second storage jar with a stainless steel lid. This jar is also available separately.
Made in Europe - Design: AKANTUS Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)